Thursday, May 9, 2013

Poem: Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

 light is inverted darkness
when the sunlight
hides in a mad eclipse
So my days now
resemble little hope
as I'm afraid
to see the world
through a cardboard hole
My love is gone
lost in a puff of red crimson smoke
the years that held us together
slipped like a bedroom sheet
ghost to the floor
either hot or cold
light and darkness
fight inside
sparring with myself
blurred by anticipated
late night phone calls
and weeks old texts
I'm too weakened to attest
to find that light
at the end of that proverbial tunnel
I've crawled enough on my knees
so skip that supposed light
I'd rather drown eclipsed
basked in these bullet-ridden emotions
soul bleeding out of me
hand to hand combat
cartoon crimes
I've hung up my brave cape
no longer willing to fight
for love or the justification of it
I'll leave that for another team
I, marvel girl-
how you calmed the storm
manifested in that kiss
But, nothing came of this
I'm content to wear the night out
mocking building shadows
settling old scores
ambush hellfire
teleport undetected
manifest my destiny
before the morning comes

(c) Rafael Andrade Garza, May 09, 2013.



photo courtesy of www.fanpop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment