Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Poem: Caterpillar Star

Today, I dug up another poem from the vault. This poem centers on soul searching and finding out who you are as a person. It's also about leaving friends and your past behind. It's an emotional piece about self-discovery. Thanks for reading-Rafael Andrade Garza.



Caterpillar Star

A new story begins
and takes residence
under the wrinkled avenues
of my brown eyes
where memories form
tier by tier
sometimes, dried-in years
I no longer fear
of, what the past might bring
I'm an old apartment
renovated for rent
You came to see the lay-out
and were surprised
to find my heart inside
over-looking a busy street
searching for understanding
again, and again
Today, I feel consumed
in the nebula of love
and, I'm lost in its interstellar dust
I'm enjoying its mystery
and, as I cascade and fall
into the mass of million eyes
I crash and collide
into the same starry-eyed characters
with the same stories
but, different names
It all sounds so nostalgic to me
It feels as though I'm dreaming awake
As I thaw out of my old self,
I sink back into the Earth
I sometimes get lost
searching to find my street
Since, everyone in my old neighborhood
has moved away
I have remained;
Because, once I had a good excuse
Now, I just wait to fade away.

© Rafael Andrade Garza, 2005.

photo courtesy of Wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment