Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Love Poem: I find refuge in you

I wrote this poem for a dear friend a good while back, my heart was so inspired by her inner beauty that it inspired this poem. Her outer beauty is just as majestic as her inner soul, but what brought this alive were our countless hours of conversations about poets, love, landscapes, life, etc. I have submitted this poem in a few places and it has always been a huge crowd pleaser. It's a personal favorite because it's a glimpse of how I treasure people in my life, the way I love. I hope you enjoy the poem. thanks for reading- Rafael Andrade Garza.




I find refuge in you

for Nansi Cisneros



What a beautiful heart you have



as it’s touched



my heated blood rises



the density of emotions



granulate into spots on the sun



Thunderheads they’re called



if days with you



were to suddenly turn dark



I feel safe in this eclipse



I’m trying to escape cold past shadows



where night ruled day



your heart is somewhere close to the sun



somewhere warm



where sunlight reflected in search of truth



absorbs hearts of darkness



like mine



I bathe in your absolution



in your crystallized light



iridescent sun flakes



immersed pain



love radiates



lost in this convection



hidden in the rays



we shine.

                     © Rafael Andrade Garza, November 20, 2006.




No comments:

Post a Comment