Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Original Poem: Solitary Hope

I thought to also post another poem on the heels of the last one, titled, "You". This inspirational piece came before the last one I just posted on The Golden Sentence. This poem reflects on a recent emotion, I had when I was without work and finding a shred of hope I could find. As with these situations, I turned to God for answers and from my prayers came this poem. I don't want to get too religious here, just emphasize the spirituality of the poem. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you for reading.





Solitary Hope

It doesn’t mean this feeling has to end
this bit of joy, of which I have found
its lock more glorious than Samson The Israelite
My life has been one setback backed up against itself
Give me this day, this slingshot Lord
Let me be David, let me have the favor of a thousand kings
and the might of a hundred million marching ants
upon that proverbial hill upon which my heart reigns
Give the strength to endure
lost jobs, jaded hopes, and fading health
you knew that hill before I climbed it
Here I stand with only the prejudiced land, a solitary sun
and a million uncast stars to mark my cost
I give you the lead Lord,
show me which we way the war was won.


(C) Rafael Andrade Garza, September 26, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment